MEET THE TEAM
Welcome to St Thomas CE (VC) Year 3's Learning Page.
Our Topic this half term is:
This topic is focussed on the history unit about the achievements of the earliest civilisations (Ancient Egyptians)
Here are some project ideas for you to carry out at home:
- Make your own pyramid using different types of brick
- Make a list of treasures you would take to the afterlife and give reasons for your choices
- Make some Egyptian jewellery using different materials
- Make a scarab beetle amulet
- Create a PowerPoint of Ancient Egyptian facts
- Create a timeline of key events
- Find Egypt on the map and write some facts about it
- Make a mummy
- Write a message in hieroglyphs for your teacher
- Find out about three Pharaohs and Queens of Ancient Egypt
- Compare and contrast Egypt today and 5000 years ago
- Create your own half animal/half human Egyptian God
You can upload and share your work on Seesaw
Year 3 are currently developing their Addition and Subtraction skills. Following the White Rose units the children will work out how to add 100 more and 100 less than given numbers and be able to add and subtract 3-digit numbers learning how to cross the 10s or take and make using column methods.
MyMaths homework will be set each Friday.
You can also practice your times tables on Time Tables Rockstars website